Re: Spike

Joy Ostaffe <[log in to unmask]>

A Cat Friends Mailing List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Mar 2012 19:21:17 -0800

text/plain

I'm sending lots of prayers and thoughts for good health to Spike tonight!

--- On Fri, 3/2/12, Cheryl McLean <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Cheryl McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Spike
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, March 2, 2012, 9:45 PM

Well...Spike my almost 17 year old girl is going through some troubles.  2 weeks ago she was seeming a little lethargic and not eating so I took her in.  They did some x-rays and found that she had something that they needed to look at with an ultrasound.  So...we did the u/s.  She has a mass on her spleen that most likely is what caused her to have issues 2 weeks ago.  It probably hemorrhaged that day so.  Her red blood cell count was down so we put her on an iron supplement.  Anyway, my options are to do a spleenectomy, but can cost around $2000.  So...since she's such a "mature" girl, I decided to just spoil the heck out of her for however long she has left.  It was a very hard decision but with money, recovery time, her overall health, and longevity...it's really the only way to go.

She's been doing so good lately!!  It's quite a messing with my mind as I know what she  has in there yet she seems sooooooooooo healthy.  ;(  All I know is that she gets what ever she wants right now so...SPOILED!!  ;)

Oh I also give her fluids 2 times a week.  It's just so hard to know what she has in her.  Although they're not sure what it is whether it be cancer or just a mass.  Either way, the prognosis is the same just longer in the case of just a mass.  And I took her in the other day to recheck her blood and MAJOR improvement so...

I guess why I'm writing all this is just to get some thoughts and prayers  or what ever you may do in times like this to hope for lots more time with her.

What's really sad is Monster who's almost the youngest of the bunch (1 1/2 yr.) is totally in love with Spike, he walks next to her on 3 legs to be able to put his arm around her.  The cutest thing I've EVER seen.  He's going to be very sad when something does happen so...

Thanks!!

Cheryl

-------*** REMOVE this banner before replying ***----------------------
To unsubscribe from the TALK-ABOUTCATS Mailing List, send an e-mail
TO : [log in to unmask]
BODY : SIGNOFF TALK-ABOUTCATS
archives available http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/talk-aboutcats.html