]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

NET-GOLD Home

NET-GOLD  November 2007

NET-GOLD November 2007

INTERNET: TUTORIAL: GOOGLE: GUIDE: Google Guide

"David P. Dillard" <[log in to unmask]>

Net Gold Listserv List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 5 Nov 2007 07:03:38 -0500

Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 06:53:01 EST
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Net-Gold] INTERNET:  TUTORIAL:  GOOGLE:  GUIDE:   Google Guide

INTERNET:  TUTORIAL:  GOOGLE:  GUIDE:
Google Guide

Interactive online Google tutorial and references - Google Guide
http://www.googleguide.com/

Google Guide is an online interactive tutorial and
reference for experienced users, novices, and
everyone in between. I developed Google Guide
because I wanted more information about Google's
capabilties, features, and services than I found on
Google's website. --Nancy Blachman

In this tutorial, you can learn

How to select terms and search (more) effectively
How Google interprets your query
What's included with your results
How to search using Google's special tools and shortcuts
What to do when you can't find the answer you want
When Google added services, features, and options
(Google's Feature History)
How Google works

and, of course, there's much more.

Why Take this Tutorial?

Google is so easy to use, why take this online tutorial?
If you're like many people, you use only a small number
of Google's services and features. The more you know
about how Google works, its features and capabilities,
the better it can serve your needs.

Google Guide by Category

Overview (2)
Favorite Features (14)
Part I: Query Input (19)
Part II: Understanding Results (18)
Part III: Search Tools (10)
Part IV: Services (13)
Part V: Developing a Website (8)
Appendix (13)

Other Pages

Table of Contents
About Google Guide: Introduction
Printing Google Guide
Google FAQ/Q&A
Google Guide Tags
Games: Where Did They Come From?
Google Guide Challenge
Exercises/Solutions

Google Blogs, etc.

Google in the news
Google Press Releases
Google-Friends Newsletter archive
Google: Search Engine Showdown News Archive

Popular Searches

Froogle
name definitions
photo